Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Redeeming miles testimony


I was born and raised in Cambodia. I came to America back in March of 2006. I traveled to my country often and I usually bought the cheapest airfare possible it doesn’t matter what airline it is. I signed up with all of their loyalty membership but never used any of them.  I do like to travel often to see different parts of the world.  

So after my Spain trip back in February 2017 I decided to do more research about traveling I came across a lot of blogs and websites about traveling using points and miles. I immediately started the process.  I saved up enough points to redeem 2 RT business class to Cambodia from Houston with United mileage plus. I was pretty excited about that. However, it got cancelled due to Hurricane Harvey. So I changed my plan to redeem in 4 separate trips all economy class (I put aside business class dream for now).

  1. A San Francisco trip the end of October. 3 round trip from IAH – SFO the end of October for 75,000 Mileage plus points plus $33.60.
  2. Japan trip in November.  I am using this trip to earn Marriott platinum status challenge and take advantage of the Mega bonus challenge too.
    a. 1 night in Tokyo at Hilton for 60,000 points.
    b. 1 night in Kyoto at Crowne Plaza for 30,000 IHG points
    c. 2 and half one way flight from HND – ITM for 9,450 Avios points plus $2.61
  3. A fully paid for by points for Hawaii trip February 2018.

  1. 3 multi-cities trip from IAH – HNL – HNL – OGG – OGG – IAH  for 135,000 Mileage plus points Plus $33.60
  2. 5 nights at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki for 230,000 Hhonor points.
  3. 2 Nights at Hyatt Regency Maui with free 2 night’s redemption.

  1. Europe trip in July 2018

  1. 3 multi- cities trips from IAH –LHR and FCO – IAH for 180,000 mileage plus points plus and $219.28.
  2. 4 nights in London with IHG rewards points for 160,000 points
  3. 3 nights in Paris with Hyatt for 45,000 points
  4. Currently working on getting Marriott points and mega bonus challenge  for 3 nights in Rome
My husband and I both have a full-time, 40 hours per week, same office everyday jobs. We started the Points for Asians blog to share our experience how to maximize your points and miles through out your everyday purchases including your phone, electricity, and cable bill etc. You don’t have to be a millionaire or travel all the time to afford business class seat everyday people like us can do it too.
Rothany 

#rothany #intro

No comments:

Post a Comment