I recently signed for
American Express Platinum that has $550 annual fee. $550 fee is a big step for me. However, I am
getting $500 back by applying for 5 global entries for my parents, my husband,
my daughter and I. So $550 is not so bad after all if I add the benefit of $200
airline credit and $200 Uber ride plus lounge access, priority pass, gold
status for SPG, Hilton, and Marriott top with 60,000 sign up bonus. Then this card gives me more value than what
I paid for. 60,000 bonus points alone
can get me a round trip ticket to Europe.
Most people that own this
credit card usually lives in such a luxury lifestyle. Most of them don’t even
care about points or miles since they can already afford business/first class
airfare.
Do I belong in such an elite
class?
I was a refugee child who
used to live in a pigbarn and took a bath in a small creek in the jungle. I
have came along way. I have a lovely family. I have a good carreer in the IT
field. I also have two small businesses to generate enough income to help build
wells, sponsor a children hospital and feed the poors in my home country
Cambodia. For $250 I can build a well for 2 families. And for $400 I can save a woman’s life from
becoming a sex trifficing victim. Because of that I bite my tonge and fly
Spirit and Fronteir when there is such a cheap fare.
I could never imagine myself
paying a large amount of money just to fly business class when economy class
will get me there too with a much lower cost. Of course I love luxury lifestyle and I like
how they treat me differently when I have an elite status. But I don’t want to
pay a large amount of money for it. This
is why I have became obsess about collecting points and miles so I can afford a
luxury lifestyle without breaking my bank account.
Wether you like it or not I
am already in this elite club. And I do enjoy its benefits. A five star hotel sure is a lot nicer than a
pigbarn.
Rothany
#rothany #americanexpress #platinum #amex #creditcard
No comments:
Post a Comment